Friday 29 August 2014

007 Travelers interview: In the middle of the Bond books: Järvenpää City Library / Karita Brun


007 Travelers visited Järvenpää City Library exactly 50 years after 
Ian Fleming's death.

We interviewed Karita Brun, who is studying to become a librarian.



Who: Karita Brun
Where: Järvenpää City Library, Järvenpää, Finland
When: 12 August 2014
007 Connection: 12 August 2014 became exactly 50 years, when James Bond's creator Ian Fleming died.


1. Would you tell us about your work here in the middle of the Bond books?
I study information -and library services and I study here in Järvenpää´s city library.
My job here is to put materials to shells and prepare books, so they are ready to be borrowed from the library. In addition, I service customers when they loan and return books.

2. How long have you worked in Järvenpää City Library?
I started here about one year ago, my studies started in February 2014 including two years of education, and I am supposed to graduate as librarian in the beginning of 2016.

3. How did you get interested in library business?
I have always loved books and reading and liked libraries as a places. My mother was working in the library 20 years ago and I helped her already then and got my first touch to this business. Later I found out that this is what I really want to do.

4. What kind of books do you like and what books do you read?
I read mostly scifi and fantasy books, every now and then also some adventure books, horror and other literature. When I have worked in youngster's department, I have read more that kind of literature. You could say that I read all kinds of books.


5. Are you interested in Bond movies?
Latest ones I have watched with big interest, because I like the realistic touch, that they have. I have never been a fan of older movies and I have watched Bond movies only after Pierce Brosnan started as Bond. Brosnan's Bond is clearly more like an actionhero, where as Daniel Craig's Bond is more realistic, darker and almost an antihero.



6. Who is your favourite Bond actor?
He is Daniel Craig

7. Where would you like to travel?
There are many places where I would like to travel. Number one would probably be the whole America as well as Australia and London.

8. Which is the most borrowed Bond book in your library?
When talking about Ian Fleming books, it is "Goldfinger" (1959). Also Fleming's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1963) has been popular. However, the most borrowed Bond book of ours is John Gardner's "Icebreaker" (1983), which always interests us Finns. Encyclopedias and biographys of Bond are anyhow more popular, because history and nonfiction books seem to be more interesting than fiction when it comes to Bond books.


See more 007 Travelers Interviews here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unfortunately we don´t publish links or advertisements.